Re: numpy 1.2.1, switching to git?

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 8:01 PM, Pietro Battiston <toobaz@email.it> wrote:
> I frankly don't see how svn can maximize participation of newcomers. Svn
> users are tipically long-time "versioners" who probably tried at least

 Well, maybe we should distinguish between newcomers to the team and
newcomers to VCS. A newcomer to the team could master one VCS, two or
none of them, so it's impossible to know his (or her) preferences in
advance. For a newcomer to VCS I really think that svn is easier to
learn than git/hg/bzr but that's just my opinion.

  I think the priorities should be, first of all the personal
preferences of top commiters, and secondly what we think could be
helpful for newcomers.

 Regards.
--
---
Carlos Galisteo <cgalisteo AT k-rolus.net>