Re: python-uniconvertor breaks help("modules") in python

Hello Andreas,

> I have a bug[1] against my package[2] that it breaks running help("modules")
> in python when the package is installed (more precisely, it kills the python
> interpreter when trying to import the package).
>
> It looks to qualify for having a severity grave[3] as it "makes unrelated
> software on the system break". Can anyone with more insight into the policies
> advice me if I should consider doing something special for lenny?

One first try could be to ask release team (mailing
debian-release@l.d.o) to accept the latest version in sid into lenny,
but the chances are high the won't approve it.

So, the best approach could be to create a patch from the latest
package against the version in lenny, and then prepare an upload
targetted to testing-proposed-updates.

Regards,