Request for a package: Pivy

Dear all,

I'm slowly working on getting FreeCAD
(http://juergen-riegel.net/FreeCAD/Docu/index.php?title=Main_Page ) to
a releasable state (see
http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-science/packages/freecad.git;a=summary
). FreeCAD depends on a whole bunch of libraries and modules, most of
which are fortunately in Debian already. One missing module is Pivy
(http://pivy.coin3d.org/ ), a python binding to the Coin 3D graphics
library. Currently FreeCAD upstream ships it on their tarball, but
this of course is ugly.

Pivy uses distutils and builds on my lenny / sid system out of the
box. Could someone please package it? I have no experience in
packaging python stuff and this package looks like it could be added
to the Debian Python Modules SVN without too much manual packaging.

Teemu