Re: r6347 - in packages/python-recaptcha/trunk/debian (control)

OoO En cette  soirée bien amorcée du mercredi 27  août 2008, vers 22:45,
Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> disait :

> Could you please test the python-support package at
> http://malsain.org/~joss/debian/ to see whether it handles this case
> correctly?

Yes, this works correctly with this  version. The content of the file is
now:

#v+
/var/lib/python-support/python2.5
gtk-2.0
/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/gtk-2.0
#v-

> The egg IS already installed in a correct location: there is a symlink
> in /var/lib/python-support/python2.x which is in sys.path. From my
> understanding of http://bugs.python.org/setuptools/issue17, the problem
> is in easy_install, but most contributors to this bug did not even check
> that the symlink was here.

The  initial bug  report now  contains a  solution involving  to  ship a
distutils.cfg  containing  the path  to  python-support directory.  This
seems a  sensible solution. I hope  it will be  put in python-setuptools
package.

Thanks.
--
GARLIC GUM IS NOT FUNNY