Help - Errors setting up python 2.5 on debian testing

Title: Help - Errors setting up python 2.5 on debian testing

I have a Debian testing system and I ran apt-get update and apt-get
dist-upgrade. I now have this problem with python and all packages that
depend on python - they cannot be installed (see rhytmbox example
below).

Setting up python (2.5.2-1) ...
running python rtupdate hooks for python2.5...
INFO: using old version '/usr/bin/python2.3'
file does not exist: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/_spe/plugins/kiki
file does not
exist: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/_spe/plugins/wxGlade
pycentral: pycentral updatedefault: error byte-compiling files (221)
pycentral updatedefault: error byte-compiling files (221)
error running python rtupdate hook pycentral
Updating *.pc symlinks for python-gst0.10...
dpkg: error processing python (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 4
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of rhythmbox:
 rhythmbox depends on python; however:
  Package python is not configured yet.

I keep getting the messasge "run dpkg -- configure -a", but I get all
the same errors. I tried googling for the two missing files, and there
are no references to them.

Any suggestions on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated!

Mark