Packaging of rope and ropemacs

Hi,

Since I have no idea how to really do this, I post here in the hope that
someone will find this useful and help me get these packages into
debian.

I was missing rope ( http://rope.sourceforge.net/ ) and ropemacs
( http://rope.sourceforge.net/ropemacs.html ) in the debian repository,
so I thought that I should package them instead of just installing them
locally. Note that I do not have any great experience creating debian
packages although I have looked at it before.

I also note that rope has a RFP in bug 467377
( http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=467377 ).

I built these packages by more or less cut'n'pasting from the
python-simplejson package. I have not gone to great pains to follow the
debian standards because I don't know them.

You find the packages at http://www.lysator.liu.se/~ragnar/deb/

So the question is how to improve the packages into a state that they
can go into debian and also how I go forward to have them in debian.

Any help is appreciated.

/Ragnar Ouchterlony