Re: Python 2.5 specific bug

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 12:35 AM, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
> Le mercredi 14 mai 2008 à 00:32 +0200, Josselin Mouette a écrit :
>
> > Le mardi 13 mai 2008 à 16:35 +0100, Sam Morris a écrit :
>
> > > The bug can be reproduced with python 2.5 but only on Debian systems--on
>  > > an Ubuntu 8.04 system the code does not throw an error. Please try the
>  > > test case attached to the bug and let me know if you see it too.
>  >
>  > The pygame code looks buggy to me. len should be a size_t, not an int.
>  > Which is why it is failing on your amd64 system.
>
>  It will be no surprise to anyone that the patch in Ubuntu [0] that
>  prevents this from happening was not forwarded to Debian.
>
>  [0] http://patches.ubuntu.com/p/pygame/extracted/01_stack_overwrite.dpatch

well, the package is hardly maintained now days; I've talked on IRC
with Sam and it seems interested in pygame. I've suggested to contact
both actual maintainer and co-maint to please orphan it if they are no
more interested / have no more time, if 7/10 days will pass with no
reply, go ask the QA team for what to do. If we can get an O: for it,
we can inject in the DPMT repository, and start maintaining it in the
team (I volunteer to comaint, and do the previous steps if Sam prefers
me to do).

Cheers,
Sandro