Re: free profiler in python

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 1:59 AM, Floris Bruynooghe
<floris.bruynooghe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Ondrej
>

>  On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 12:01:52AM +0100, Ondrej Certik wrote:
>  > the python-profile is in non-free, so what free tool do you use for
>  > profiling your python programs? There is cProfile in python2.5, which
>  > seems to be free, but for showing
>  > the result I need pstat, which is again non-free. Is there a DFSG free
>  > way to profile python programs?
>
>  A few year ago I wrote http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/pyprof/
>  which set out to do what you want.  Unfortunately I've failed to
>  follow up on that since then.  If there's enough interest it might be
>  interesting to dust it off, get it up to date with python 2.5 and try
>  to get a package in Debian.

Excellent, that's exactly what I am looking for. I'll keep it in mind,
if I start working on something like that, I'll start from your work
and package it for Debian. Also I like that you chose a very
permissive license (MIT).

Thanks for your work.
Ondrej