bug lies in (presently) unused code path

user debian-release@lists.debian.org
usertag 469013 -goal-python2.5
retitle 469013 Python API memory handling bug in unused code path
found 469013 3.0-unstable+hg11561-1
thanks

Hi,

the code that exhibits the buggy PyObject_NEW/PyMem_DEL behaviour (in xen-unstable-3.0-unstable+hg11561/tools/pygrub/src/fsys/ext2/ext2module.c) is not actually compiled and the results shipped[1]. As such, while a fix still seems to be worthwile it does not affect the python2.5 release goal. I am thus removing the usertag. Just be that it does not get activated its present buggy form.

(CCing debian-python because the bugs will disappear from the release-goal list.)

Kind regards

T.

1. It should compile a module _ext2, I did not find any indication that it is contained in the binary packages.