Re: RFS: matplotlib 0.90.1-3

Hi Ondrej et al.,

> Yes, I read that bug. There are more problems with matplotlib - it is
> not lintian clean,
> it still uses Numerics and numarray besides numpy (I don't know if
> this is a feature or a bug),

I think upstream deprecated Numerics and numarray and the latest
version only uses numpy.

Changelog excerpts:

2007-06-01 Deprecate Numeric and numarray for use as numerix.
2007-06-02 Released 0.90.1 at revision 3352
2007-06-07 Disable build of numarray and Numeric extensions for
           internal MPL use and the numerix layer.
2007-07-19 replaced the Python code in numerix/ by a minimal wrapper
           around numpy that explicitly mentions all symbols that need
           to be addressed for further numpification
[...]
and only numpy is mentioned in the current README.

Anyway, as a matplotlib user, I am happy that you want to fix the
current issues, but sadly I currently don't have the time to help with
that.

Eike