Re: free profiler in python

Hello Ondrej

On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 12:01:52AM +0100, Ondrej Certik wrote:
> the python-profile is in non-free, so what free tool do you use for
> profiling your python programs? There is cProfile in python2.5, which
> seems to be free, but for showing
> the result I need pstat, which is again non-free. Is there a DFSG free
> way to profile python programs?

A few year ago I wrote http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/pyprof/
which set out to do what you want.  Unfortunately I've failed to
follow up on that since then.  If there's enough interest it might be
interesting to dust it off, get it up to date with python 2.5 and try
to get a package in Debian.

Regards
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom