Re: Tool support for private modules

(Please preserve attribution lines on quoted material. I don't know
who wrote what in the following.)

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> > > If upstream hasn't thought of it, it is. You only need to add
> > > one line in the program, before the module is imported.
> >
> > [...] I don't see how any Python program can be written to allow
> > for that without modification every time the "/foo/bar" changes.
>
> Distutils may be extended to do such a thing, but most of the
> software I've seen doing it is using automake or changing the files
> with custom hackery.

I'm confused, then. How does this fit with the implication (in the
above quoted teset) that upstream should have "thought of [changing
the location of the modules]"? If downstream hackery is required, I
don't see what upstream is expected to have done.

--
 \        "The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of |
  `\         the human mind to correlate all its contents."  -- Howard |