Re: python2.5 fails to import pygtk and gtk modules

On 1/15/07, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi> wrote:
Gah, I meant to press control-Backspace, not control-Enter. Sorry.

On ma, 2007-01-15 at 16:28 +0000, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> On ma, 2007-01-15 at 18:15 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> > Is there work done on this? If not may python2.5 be removed from Etch,
> > or should I file a grave bug, "if python2.5 doesn't load pygtk and gtk
> > modules, then what use is it?".
>
> Er, there's plenty of use for plain 2.5, without any extension

I meant to say: there's plenty of use for plain 2.5, without any
extension modules. For example, most of my code works with any version
of Python from 2.1 onwards, and it's nice to be able to verify this, so
having 2.5 packages is certainly useful to me. It will also make it
easier to backport extension modules after etch is released.

(I'm not opposed to removing 2.5 from etch, if the release managers deem
it the best course of action, but "doesn't work with pygtk" isn't a
reason, in my rather strong opinion.)

Maybe there should be a big warning in the release notes (or
elsewhere) that python2.5 supports NOT the loading of (certain?)
external modules...