Re: Spe packaging status

Stefano Canepa wrote:
> Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
>> [ CCing debian-python and ITA 379374 ]
>
>> Hello Stefano
>
>> I've updated spe's packaging files in the PAPT repository a bit, and was
>> wondering what's the status of your ITA bug. If you don't plan to own the
>> package in Debian, we could maintain it in the team, although if you want to
>> maintain it yourself (with or without the team's help) that's alright too. Let
>> me know what do you think and I'll act accordingly.
>
> How can I download your modifications?

They are in the repository. You can do
svn co svn://svn.debian.org/svn/python-apps/packages/spe/

to get it, and 'svn up' to update when there are new revisions.

> I don't want to own the package
> spe is just a product I use, the team can own the package.

That's nice. I've updated the Maintainer so it's the Python Applications
Packaging Team. It was Debian QA before, since the package was orphaned.

> I started the
> NM process and just want to understand how to do packages to help
> debian. I just need one more package as I'm on hold in the process.

There is some good documentation out there, such as the new maintainer's guide,
the debian policy or the developers reference. I suggest you to take a look at
them if you haven't already done it.

http://www.us.debian.org/doc/

Take care,
Emilio