ldbl128 transition for alpha, powerpc, sparc and s390?

Hello

The email in [1] discusses the long double transition from 64 to 128
bit.  It claims that the python2.[45]-dev packages need to be updated
for this too, however I can not find the related bug reports for this.
I have also looked in de changelog files but can't seem to find a
mention of it.  So have the python packages been updated for this?

The reason I'd like to know is because #430281 is a serious bug filed
against a package for this long double (ldbl) transition.  But this
package does itself depend on python-dev so I need to wait for
python2.[45]-dev to have done this transition first.

Any clues?

Cheers
Floris

[1] http://liss.debian.org/debian-devel/2007/05/msg01173.html

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom