Re: Python Egg Guidelines across distros

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> I don't think you need listen to anything the setuptools developers
> say, as they have close to zero understanding of the packaging
> issues they create for us.

For users stuck in the middle, it would be good if there was a clear
statement of exactly what those problems are, that we could refer such
setuptools developers to in order that they gain understanding.

Where would we find such an explanation?

--
 \              "Programs must be written for people to read, and only |
  `\     incidentally for machines to execute."  -- Abelson & Sussman, |