CNRI Python License question

 Hello.

 My tftpy package [1] is almost ready, but I'm in doubt with the license.

 Upstream source is released under the CNRI Python License [2] but AFAIK,
the DFSG compliant 'Python License' is the PSF [3] one.

 As you can read in the PSF license full text,  there's a controversy about
the CNRI (1.6.1) compatibility with GPL, and my debian-legal@l.d.o archive
research gives no conclusive data (all threads seems to refer to CNRI 1.6,
not 1.6.1), for which I'm uncertain about the CNRI DFSG accordance.

 I'm asking here because I guess I'm not the first person with this doubt,
and it's even possible there are packages already uploaded (or rejected)
under the same license.

 If you consider this question more appropriate for debian-legal, please
let me know.

 Thanks.

[2] http://www.opensource.org/licenses/pythonpl.php
[3] http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.4.2/license/

--
---
Carlos Galisteo <cgalisteo en k-rolus.net>