Re: Python plotting packages

> Hi

Hello

>    I do have two packages that I would really like to get into the Debian
> distribution. They are both python plotting packages and their names are
> pyqwt
> pyqwt3d

* please don't repackage upstream tarball if it's not needed (dpkg-source
  will change directory name if it's changed in diff.gz)
* XB-Python-Version header is not needed in python-qwt3d-doc and
  python-qwt5-doc packages
* is "dh_clean -k" really needed in install rule?
* "This package contains the Qt4 python bindings" is in both
  python-qwt3d-qt4 *and* python-qwt3d-qt3 package's description
  (same with python-qwt5-qt{3,4} and Qt3). Please fix the Qt version and
  add lines with "." char so that this line will not be wrapped f.e. in
  aptitude. See description's example below
* Please replace "It's homepage is http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net/"; with
  Homepage: http://..., see example bellow (note the line with dot and
  additional space char. - see dev.ref. 6.2.4 [1])
* python-qwt5-doc and python-qwt3d-doc packages should be build in
  binary-indep rule (and not binary-arch) (see dh_*'s -a and -i options)
* please add comments ("## DP:" lines) to your patches, it's not obvious
  why you're removing these options
* why are you recommending *-dev packages?
* CHANGES-5.0.0 and CHANGES-0.1.4.TXT files can be used as upstream's
  changelog (add it as a parameter to dh_installchangelogs)

[...]
|  3-dimensional data.
|  .
|  This package contains the Qt4 python bindings
|  .
|   Homepage: http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net/

[1] http://tiny.pl/gpf4

[CCing Torsten Marek, python-qt{3,4} maintainer]

Torsten:
packages:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/pyqwt3d/pyqwt3d_0.1.4-1.dsc
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/pyqwt5/pyqwt5_5.0.0-1.dsc