doing evil: "support" 2.3 on a box

Dear All,

Please pardon my ignorance if now I will ask for something silly ;-)

ok - we have some python library+extension which was built only for 2.3
(due to reliance on patched sip etc etc). So we keep it that way. Now
that etch doesn't support 2.3 I am wondering:

 since we have now such better handle over python  modules, I am
 wondering on how much harm would be if I

 1. tune /usr/share/python/debian_defaults to support 2.3 as well as 2.4
 (leaving 2.4 default)

 2. well... I guess I will need to repackage all "interesting"
 packages with python extensions under chroot environment which would
 have 1. done in it.

 3. force all modules to be recompiled (update-python-modules I guess)

would that be enough or did I miss something? ;-)

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]