Python PATH problem

  Hi,

  I'm the maintainer of mercurial. At least one of the users has a
problem with loading python modules.
  Can someone look at bug #382252 ?

  In short,
echo 'import sys; print sys.path; from mercurial import bdiff' | python2.4
works on my system, but not on its one.
Both have '/var/lib/python-support/python2.4' in sys.path
Both have /var/lib/python-support/python2.4/mercurial/bdiff.so a symlink to
/usr/lib/python-support/mercurial/python2.4/mercurial/bdiff.so that is a
"ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), stripped"

  I do not know python enough to know what to do now. Does someone
have any idea ? Can someone else reproduce the bug ?

  Happy new year
    Vincent