Dependency problem replacing dh_python with dh_pysupport

I'm currently working on updating my package to use python-support,
and I'm having problems with the dependencies it's generating. I've
removed dh_python from my rules file and deleted debian/pycompat so
that only dh_pysupport is generating the ${python:Depends}. However,
when I build the package, the dependencies generated only include
python-support, and not python (which dh_python used to generate).
This should work though, as python-support depends on python, but this
causes lintian errors for

E: bittornado: python-script-but-no-python-dep ./usr/bin/bttrack.bittornado
N:
N:   Packages with scripts that are executed with python must depend on the
N:   package python. Those that have scripts executed with a versioned
N:   python package need a dependency on the equivalent version of python.
N:
N:   For example, if a script in the package uses #!/usr/bin/python, then
N:   the package needs a dependency on "python". If a script uses
N:   #!/usr/bin/python2.2, then the package need a dependency on
N:   "python2.2".
N:
N:   In some cases a weaker relationship, such as Suggests or Recommends,
N:   will be more appropriate.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if Lintian needs to be
updated to understand this dependency, or if python-support should be
generating the python dependency?

I'm using the latest versions of python-support and lintian in
unstable. I also tried adding the -d option to dh_pysupport but got
the same result.

Thanks,
Cameron Dale