Problems using python-support

Hi,

I try to convert gnumed-client to the new Python policy using
python-support.  You can have a look at my current packaging at

  http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed/

In prinzipe the wrapper script /usr/bin/gnumed does the following

  python /var/lib/python-support/python2.3/Gnumed/wxpython/gnumed.py

This exits with the error message

   CRITICAL ERROR: Cannot load GNUmed Python modules ! - Program halted.

   Please make sure you have your PYTHONPATH environment variable
   set up correctly

sys.path is currently set to:

 /usr/share/python-support/gnumed-client/Gnumed/wxpython
 /usr/lib/python23.zip
 /usr/lib/python2.3
 /usr/lib/python2.3/plat-linux2
 /usr/lib/python2.3/lib-tk
 /usr/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload
 /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages
 /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages
 /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Numeric
 /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/PIL
 /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cairo
 /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/influenza
 /var/lib/python-support/python2.3
 /var/lib/python-support/python2.3/gtk-2.0
 /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wx-2.4-gtk-ansi
 /usr/lib/site-python

You will note that

  /var/lib/python-support/python2.3/Gnumed

is not in the path but it should.  My guess is that python-support
missed to update

  /var/lib/python-support/python2.3/.path

which only contains gtk-2.0 but not the other subdirectories
(there are othere than Gnumed in my installation which might
be broken as well.

Kind regards

            Andreas.
--