Re: [HELP] new policy with a compiled python program and generic python plugin module

Josselin Mouette wrote:
> I think you should patch the package so that the binary blob is put in
> a .py module that you can import. Then, you can build this .py once for
> each python version, install it in /usr/lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages,
> after which it can be handled by python-support. (It will detect that
> they are different for the different python versions and put them in
> separate directories.)

What would be the interest for an application to be present (compiled)
several times on the same system ?

By the way, I prepared an update to the new python policy for my 3
python packages. You can look at them here :
http://dept-info.labri.fr/~danjean/deb.html#commit-tool
http://dept-info.labri.fr/~danjean/deb.html#mercurial
http://dept-info.labri.fr/~danjean/deb.html#tailor

If I get no objection, I will upload them soon.

  Best regards,
    Vincent