Re: Updated dh_python to satisfy everybody

Le mar 20 juin 2006 06:49, Andreas Barth a écrit :
> * Raphael Hertzog (hertzog@debian.org) [060620 01:35]:
> > On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > >      - uses "XS-Python-Standards-Version: 0.4" as reference field
> > > to run in new policy mode. The presence of XS-Python-Version will
> > > also trigger the new policy mode (this is for short-term
> > > compatibility, it may be removed in the not too-distant future).
> >
> > Joe proposed on IRC to use "debian/pycompat" instead of a new
> > field. It sounds very much debhelper-ish and I like it.
>
> It depends what the field means.

> For me, the Standards-Version was mainly a marker to say "this
> package is compatible to Version x.y of the policy" - which allows
> not only debhelper to work on it, but also to search for old packages
> etc.

> This is incompatbile with debian/pycompat (at least, if you want
> to do it efficient).

well thanks to the lintian lab, grepping for debian/pycompats or export
DH_PYCOMPAT in debian/rules *is* fast. efficient I don't really know,
but at least a list of the packages using an obsolete dh_pyton compat
level is indeed easy to find. hence I do think it's a better idea than
the XS-P-S-V.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit