Orphaning Python packages

Hi everyone,

I am no longer going to be involved in Python module packaging.

I've orphaned feedparser and the GStreamer Python bindings (the 0.8 and
0.10 versions). These are used by several packages, and so I hope
someone adopts them. feedparser is a pretty easy package, the GStreamer
ones aren't. I'm willing to answer questions about the packages (and
help whoever adopts the later with GStreamer in general) but I won't
sponsor uploads.

I've also put python-mutagen up for adoption. I'm upstream for this
module, and intend to continue developing it. It's a simple package
using distutils. If you're interested in maintaining it, let me know.

I've not yet orphaned my Python applications. I may in the future; if
you are interested in pydance (which doesn't run right now anyway, due
to a regression in Pygame/SDL) or quodlibet please let me know.

The Python policy SGML document is available at
http://people.debian.org/~piman/python-policy, I suggest someone with
more patience adopts it and finds a new canonical home for it. Please
give the first bullet point in the "Upgrade Procedure" checklist careful
thought before you decide to take this on.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>