Re: python-central vs python-support

Em Dom, 2006-06-04 às 20:56 +0200, Raphael Hertzog escreveu:
> I agree with Matthias that it would be better to use only one "helper
> tool" but I would favor python-support instead of python-central for the
> reasons outlined below. Beware this is only *my* opinion. I'll gladly
> follow the consensus and would even accept to let both tools coexist.

I'm with you on this. I believe python-support is the best option
because it's simple and straight to the point. We can add more
sophistication to it when, and if needed.

> python-central does more than python-support however. But I'm not sure that
> this "more" is useful. For example pycentral can check that all installed

Yeah; I don't think that more is useful at all right now. I won't have
problems with transitioning my packages to use pycentral if that's the
consensus, but I don't really see a need of doing so.

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>
http://people.debian.org/~kov/