Re: Installing python2.5 on etch powerpc

On 11/13/06, Rick Thomas <rbthomas55@pobox.com> wrote:
Package python2.5

Installing python2.5 on etch for powerpc is broken...

Specifically:

> Linking and byte-compiling packages for runtime python2.5...
> pycentral: pycentral rtinstall: installed runtime python2.5 not found
> pycentral rtinstall: installed runtime python2.5 not found
> dpkg: error processing python2.5-minimal (--configure):

This is a newly installed etch system (installed desktop and
printserver tasks)

Any clues?

I reported this problem over 2 months ago (but it's good to know it
applies to a fresh install too), but nothing seems to be happening
with it, even though several versions have been released since then:

I got around the problem by forcing removal of python-central,
installing python2.5, then reinstalling python-central.

Cameron