Re: pysupport and site-packages

Le samedi 11 novembre 2006 à 10:43 +0100, Thomas Viehmann a écrit :
> > If you want to just ship some .py files manually, the simplest way is
> > probably to install them to /usr/share/python-support/$package instead
> > of /usr/lib/python2.X/site-packages.
>
> Well, /usr/lib/python/site-packages seems to be both version and
> helper-neutral, so I thought that this would be nice to have just in
> case someone wants to adapt things to a non-debian environment or
> somesuch. Also, it might be the obvious location for upstream to install
> stuff into.
> As such, maybe it's worth supporting.

As /usr/lib/python is not part of the default python path, I doubt
upstream packages would install anything in this directory. All python
installation helpers (distutils, automake, setuptools)
use /usr/lib/python2.X instead.

--
Josselin Mouette                /\./\

"Do you have any more insane proposals for me?"