Re: pysupport and site-packages

Le samedi 11 novembre 2006 à 01:09 +0100, Thomas Viehmann a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> in the pysupport documents (python-policy, Manoj's writing, package
> README), the site-packages directories I've seen mentioned all seem to
> be /usr/lib/pythonX.Y. Packages installing .pys there usually have to
> work to find out X and Y and AFAIUI /usr/lib/python is dealt with by
> pysupport just as well.
> I there a reason not to include the unversioned path in the docs?

I don't think /usr/lib/python is handled by python-support. If it is,
that's an unexpected feature :)

If you want to just ship some .py files manually, the simplest way is
probably to install them to /usr/share/python-support/$package instead
of /usr/lib/python2.X/site-packages.

Josselin Mouette                /\./\

"Do you have any more insane proposals for me?"