Re: Testing other python versions

On 9/3/06, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
Le samedi 02 septembre 2006 à 19:19 -0700, Cameron Dale a écrit :
> How do I test building under these different versions? Is it just a
> matter of temporarily changing the /usr/bin/python link to point to a
> different version, or is there a better way?
>
> For installation, I don't think this is an issue, as python-support
> will bytecompile for all supported versions, but what about testing
> installation under an unsupported version (like 2.5 is now)?

I guess it would work by adding it to /usr/share/python/debian_defaults.

I'm still not sure how to test other python versions than the default.
Do I change the python symlink and then compile, or is there a better
way, maybe with an option to setup.py? Is this what python-all-dev is
for, so that if I depend on that instead of python-dev then it will
automatically test building against all supported versions?

The same question for installation testing too, although here I think
the only option is to change the symlink. If there's a better way,
please let me know.

Thanks,
Cameron