Stackless Python

Hi guys,

I asked on #debian-python a few days ago about the odds of Stackless
being packaged. MadCoder, speaking unofficially, told me that this
question would be better to ask on this list, and suggested I do some
research about the compatibility between Stackless and vanilla
CPython. I went to the Stackless mailing list and asked some questions
and I think the answer is: "If Stackless isn't binary compatible, it
is considered a bug in Stackless."

Here is the thread I started:

http://www.stackless.com/pipermail/stackless/2006-August/001876.html

.pyc files should be compatible (compiler and interpreter are not
changed by Stackless).

Stackless is 100% compatible with pure Python code.

There has been an occurrence of a C extension (PyQT) not being binary
compatible, but this is a rare case, and the Stackless people are
interested in resolving the bug if it can be reproduced.

Thanks for your time,

Ethan