Re: Request for help to convert the lyx package

Le mer 2 août 2006 12:37, Sven Hoexter a écrit :
> Hello,
> I've been working on the lyx package to get it in a state complying
> with the new python policy.
>
> LyX generates some .pyc and .pyo files during build time and I'm not
> sure what to do with them because I thought that the dh_pycentral
> call would handle them correctly. Having build a package[1] from the
> stuff we currently have in our svn repo[2] I can not find a
> postinst/prerm script added to handle the recompilation of those
> files.
>
> >From the resulting packages lyx-common is the one with the python
> > stuff.
>
> I'd appreciate if someone could enlight me and tell me how to deal
> with this case correctly.

first you need to build depends on python-dev and not python.

and the pyo and pyc files are generated by your build process. you have
to remove them manually, e.g. using some find -name '*.pyo' mantra.

there should be no .pyo/.pyc in the packages you build, those are
created by pycentral at postinst / prerm time of your package, thanks
to debhelper magic.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit