Re: Move to python 2.4 / Changing the packaging style for python packages

        Matthias,

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006, Matthias Klose wrote:
> We will prepare the transition in experimental by an upload of the
> python, python-dev packages

 I tried testing my rtupdates scripts by installing "python" version
 2.4.3-5 from experimental, but they didn't seem to run, and I couldn't
 find anywhere in the maintainer scripts of the python package a place
 where they would be run.

 Is this feature already included in the python packages?  In
 experimental?  Or do I need to depend on something?

 I checked the python package from
 http://people.debian.org/~doko/pythontst/, and its maintainer scripts
 didn't seem to have the feature either.

   Bye,