Re: dpkg-repack warnings: what effect?

* Pierre Habouzit [Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:11:14 +0200]:

> just FYI, it's not mandatory [XB-Python-Version], one can use
> debian/pyversions instead (with python-support).

Hm. I can see how debian/pyversions can substitute XS-Python-Version
(both are available only at build time), but I fail to see how it can
substitute XB-Python-Version which is presumably needed at install time.
(I'm not very familiar with how pycentral works, though.)

I agree that having Python-Version in binary packages is dislikeable.
Out of curiosity, Matthias, would be a DEBIAN/pyversions file able to
provide the same information to pycentral?

Thanks,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                             Listening to: Hooverphonic - Human Interest