Re: [Fwd: python-soappy: fpconst missing]

Le ven 21 juillet 2006 13:31, Manuel Metz a écrit :
> Sorry to bother you again. I have the feeling that the maintainer of
> SOAPpy is not fixing bugs very quickly :-( I figured out a problem
> with fpconst.py again (not yet reported the bug to debian bug
> report).
>
> The version included in SOAPpy (0.6.0) does not work correctly on 64
> Bit systems. G. R. Warnes has released an updated version:
> http://mac.warnes.net/~warnes/files/fpconst-0.7.2.tar.gz
> , also attached to this E-Mail.
>
> Could you please update the package.
>
> And again, sorry for bothering you.
>
> Manuel

well, I'd like to avoid doing that, I don't use python-soappy at all,
even does not know what it does. My two previous uploads were due to :
 (1) transitionning the package to a new packaging standard,
 (2) fixing a bug due to my previous upload (that you reported to me,
     and you were right to do so).

But I'm not well placed to deal with a package I don't know well. I
forward your mail to the debian-python list, maybe someone will be
willing to check on that package, and ensure it's of release quality.

Also note that if the package is unusable, you should open a bug on the
BTS, with a high severity (if relevant). bugs of high severity *will*
be checked by developpers, presumably by some that know about that
package better than me.

Note that here, I'm convinced a new upstream has to be packaged asap,
but as said, not knowing the package, I don't know how stable the more
recent upstream releases are, and can't take such a decision.

·O·  Pierre Habouzit