Python transition and pkg-config files

        Hi,

 (I just subscribed to debian-python and a quick googling didn't bring
 any prior reference to this problem.)

    % pkg-config --variable pyexecdir pygtk-2.0
    /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages

    % pkg-config --variable pyexecdir gst-python-0.10
    /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages

 Oops.  On my system, these packages are affacted:
    /usr/lib/pkgconfig/pygtk-2.0.pc
    /usr/lib/pkgconfig/gst-python-0.10.pc
    /usr/lib/pkgconfig/gst-python-0.8.pc
    /usr/lib/pkgconfig/pygda-1.2.pc

 Any suggestion on how to deal with this?  Use of "alternatives" to
 manage symlinks of pygtk-2.0-pythonVER.pc?

 Perhaps we should introduce a /usr/lib/python/site-packages dir which
 always points to /usr/lib/pythonCURRENT/site-packages and make .pc
 files reference that?

 Or should pyexecdir be dropped from .pc files?

   Bye,
--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>