Re: What GUI lib to choose: GTK, TK, WX, QT, other?

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:41:24 -0500

> Do you remember any examples?

Segfault while passing unicode string [1], various renames over versions
[2] (I know those were devel versions, but that time it was only
working choice for vendors who didn't want Gtk 1), no way to make
buttons in correct order of buttons in dialog for both Gtk and Win (to
match platform usual order).

Some problems can be solved by supporting only one version with one
build options like BitPim does ("Note that you must use version 2.6.3.2
and you must use the Unicode version."), but I prefer my application to
work also on a bit older systems (eg. up to Fedora Core 4 they
didn't have unicode enabled build in distro, I'm not sure about FC 5)...

1. https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=855297&group_id=9863&atid=109863
2. http://gonzui.cihar.com/markup/wammu-0.13/Wammu/Editor.py#l22