Re: [RFS]: python-py{ode,epl}

Yaroslav Halchenko (debian@onerussian.com):
> > I'm not a DD, but thats my 2 cents after looking at diff file: You
> > can't use "all (>=2.3)" in XS-Python-Version header, it has to be:
> > "all, >=2.3" if you want to support all python versions >= 2.3
> yikes! Thank you for warning me. Although I think it is quite in
> dissonance with the rest of control file syntax, since I've just
> used the syntax used in regular Depends/Build-Depends. I don't see
> why any other field in control file (such as ??-Python-Version should be
> anyway different) -- was there some reason for such syntax or it is just
> a "feature" to overcome some problems with commonly accepted format?
> I am CCing python mailing list for clarification.

"all" is not a package, it's a (pseudo) version, you can't use
"version (>= version)" syntax.

For arch indep packages use just "all" or ">= 2.3"

For arch dep packages, you need to add "any" part
("any", "any, >=2.3", "any, >=2.3, <<2.5", ...)

--
-=[     Piotr Ozarowski     ]=-
-=[ http://www.ozarowski.pl ]=-