Re: More updates for the policy

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Floris Bruynooghe wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 09:07:00PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > BTW, the syntax of the Python-Version field comes directly from
> > python-central and it has not been discussed if the current syntax is the
> > best needed to achieve the second point.
>
> This is a valid point.  But if it is found to be a concern/problem and
> there are good reasons to change it I'm sure that could be done.

No because if you change the syntax, you will break packages using
python-central... ie once python-central has been released within a stable
release it will be almost impossible to change the syntax.

Cheers,

PS: Thanks for joining the discussion, we really need more opinions and
fresh blood. :)
--
Raphaël Hertzog