Re: Python-Standards-Version

Le jeu 15 juin 2006 10:50, Piotr Ozarowski a écrit :
> Pierre Habouzit (pierre.habouzit@m4x.org):
> > I'd like to suggest a last minute amendment to the Python Policy,
> > that would help further transitions a lot. I'd suggest that
> > packages uses a XS-Python-Standards-Version, that would'nt be
> > mandatory for the current policy but *strongly* advised (a followup
> > on every mass bug could help here) to use a:
> >
> >   XS-Python-Standards-Version: 0.4
> >
> > to specify the python policy the package is conforming to. that
> > would help transitions a lot, and help to keep track of future
> > transition statuses.
> >
> > comments ?
>
> I think a better idea is to use Standards-Version as we did before
> (version 3.8.0 should be released)

well the thing is there is no way to track all the packages that *have*
to follow the python subpolicy, and that makes the work of tracking
them for transition harder.

I think/thought it makes sense that a source package lists all the
subpolicies it's supposed to follow, because it makes our lifes easier.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit