Re: Coordinated effort to update python packages

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 08:38:57PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> the Python team has agreed on a new policy [1]. As we want to do the
> python 2.4 transition now, we need to make sure the packages match the
> policy. This will limit the amount of broken packages when python2.4 will
> become the default and will smooth this transition.
>
> So please check in the list at the end of this mail if you're concerned,
> and if yes, please update your packages following these instructions:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPython/NewPolicy
> http://people.debian.org/~piman/python-policy/
>
> If you don't have time to do this now, please reply on
> debian-python@lists.debian.org and allow us to make NMU of your packages.
> You could also take this opportunity to start maintaining the packages
> within the team, see http://python-modules.alioth.debian.org/. We'll
> gladly add you to the team, just request it on the mailing list.

My libgpod package didn't appear in the list because it currently only
builds an python2.3-gpod and no python-gpod at all. Feel free to NMU
this package as I really have no idea about that whole python modules
stuff (I only applied a user-supplied patch to generate the .deb named
above) and not much time either.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>