Re: Instructions to update a package for the new python policy

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've prepared this:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPython/NewPolicy
>
> Feel free to enhance.
>
> I also converted python-pam as an example (std debhelper package):
> http://people.debian.org/~hertzog/python/examples/
>
> I'll gladly put other examples packages at the same place. Just send them
> to me.
>
> Now it's time to ask all maintainers to update their packages. Someone
> should prepare several list of source packages:
> - python extensions
> - python modules only
> - python apps

I left python apps on the side for now.

Here's a list of sources packages that need to be updated (266 packages):
http://people.debian.org/~hertzog/python/sources-by-maint

In that list, those are "arch: any" (137 packages, extensions mainly, but
there are false positives so beware):
http://people.debian.org/~hertzog/python/sources-any-by-maint

And here are the "arch: all" (127 packages):
http://people.debian.org/~hertzog/python/sources-all-by-maint

I generated the list with this perl command line:
$ perl -e '$/="";foreach (grep { /^Binary: .*\bpython-/m && (!/^Python-Version:/m) } (<>)) { /^Package: (.*)$/m && print "$1\n" }' /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.fr.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_main_source_Sources >sources
(and then through dd-list --stdin)

It looks for source packages generating a "python-*" binary package and
which do not have a Python-Version header.

I will post that list to debian-devel-announce asking people to update
their packages and warning them that bugs will be opened with very short
NMU delay.

Raphaël Hertzog