Re: Python .egg support in Debian

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 01:51:26PM -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Starting a separate thread from the "formencode as .egg in Debian ??"
> discussion since this issue is internal to Debian and I don't want DD's to
> "beat-up" upstream development anymore. :-)

Thank you for bringing this up. The beating of welcoming upstream
developers is quite embarrising to follow.

> Is there an agreement amongst the interested debian-python
> developers/packagers that Debian must support .egg's?

As a long time Python developer and Debian user i fint it absolutely
necessary for Debian to have some kind of support for .eggs's.

Python developers has benefitted of the quality of Debian for a long
time and it would be sad to see it not continue because of
disagreement about .egg's.
--
Regards,
Martin Skøtt