Re: [Distutils] formencode as .egg in Debian ??

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 03:27 pm, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> In summary, things get slower when importing from ZIP files;
> it really only makes sense for applications that have a long
> run time and where startup is not that important, e.g.
> Zope et al.

I was going to stay out of this discussion :-)

When I read the above, my knee-jerk reaction is: Where is the data to backup
this statement?

Follow up questions are:

How much slower? We talking milliseconds, seconds, minutes? Yes, there are
variables, here, but narrow them to a set number and compare zip vs
directory?

megabytes?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>          | Phone : (952)943-8700