Re: Upload of new Python extension packages

Le jeudi 30 juin 2005 à 16:49 -0700, Donovan Baarda a écrit :
> > Please, don't use the python2.X-foo scheme for such a small package. You
> > only need a single python-foo package, built against the default python
> > version. It eases transitions a lot, and avoids unnecessary cluttering
> > the archive.
>
> And should pure-python modules go into /usr/lib/site-python, or
> /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages?

That doesn't really matter. Even if they go to /usr/lib/site-python, the
package has to be updated at the python transition, because of the .pyc
and .pyo files. The solution is to finally use or rewrite that
python-central stuff.

Anyway, pure-python packages are a minority, so this isn't the most
important issue.

> There are still quite a few things that need fixing in the policy...

Yes. We have to fix it before the transition, IMHO.