Re: Release Team meeting minutes - 2005-06-18

Andreas Barth wrote:
> - python policy/implementation needs review - doko and aba will discuss
>   that on debconf probably

Is it the new way things work since the Vancouver meeting? Discussing
things privately instead of using the dedicated mailing lists? I'd have
thought that this list was the place to discuss a new python policy,
instead of implicitly accepting that the release team becomes
responsible for all policies in the project.

There's a need for change, this is for sure. If we agree on this list
for new rules, I'd volunteer to update the python policy accordingly.
Then, we could apply the changes during the python 2.4 transition, as
you suggested. What exactly makes you think there's a need for
discussing this privately?