Let's think about removing Python 2.1 and 2.2

I once had a discussion with Matthias Klose about reducing the number
of Python versions in Debian and he said he'd like to get rid of 2.1
and 2.2 after sarge is out.  If I remember correctly, a problem is
that 2.1 is needed by Jython and 2.1 by Zope.  Can someone please work
on a plan to move these packages to a newer version of Python and to
get rid of 2.1 and 2.2 (and maybe 2.3) in time for etch?

(I'm not subscribed to this list; CC if you need.)
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/