recommended package for xslt processing in python

Hi folks,

I am writing a python program to interface with a bibliographical
database server (refdb) that produces xml output.  I have some xslt
stylesheets for producing xml, & want to use them in the program, but
I'm a little bewildered by the array of xml-related packages in
debian, & my bible (Python Cookbook) suggests using
pyana -- which debian doesn't have.  Is there a standard method or
module I should use to ensure that my code is durable/portable?  All
pointers appreciated!

thanks,

matt

(pls note -- not subscribed yet, am trying to keep off of high-volume
lists -- I'd appreciate a cc: if poss, thanks.)
 .''`.       Matt Price
: :'  :      Debian User
`. `'` 	     & hemi-geek
  `-