Re: FTBFS: python

Michael Banck writes:
> > It seems that the pthread init hook is not being run by libc during
> > start up.  Try adding -lpthread and see if that makes a difference.
>
> That indeed helps. On the other hand, generally adding -lpthread to
> $LDFLAGS makes linking libpython fail. I've built _tkinter.so manually
> and assembled a hacked python2.3 package which I've uploaded to
> ftp.gnuab.org:
>
> http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian/pool/main/p/python2.3/python2.3_2.3.3-6.0.1.changes

In setup.y, add after "# Add the Tcl/Tk libraries"

if platform == '<hurd platform name>':
    libs.append('pthread')

what does sys.platform print?

> I've CC'ed the python maintainers, perhaps they have an idea how to
> handle this. Would be nice if people interested in python would test the
> packages, they seem to work fine for me but I did not have the time to
> install any other python packages/modules yet.
>
> A couple of tests failed (namely, 'cpickle', 'parser', 'poll', 're' and
> 'socket'. 'class' did fail, too, but changing recursion_limit in
> Python/ceval.c from 1000 to 930 made that pass on my machine at least)

that could be hacked with an architecture specific patch. Is this new
for python2.3?

> with segfaults, which I removed (test-suite failures are not fatal to
> the build, but the tests get byte-compiled during installation for
> whatever reason and the segfaults happen there, too). I had a look at a
> couple of them but when I was unable to figure out the third segfault in
> a couple of hours I stopped there and gave up :-/
>
> As the tests get removed in the package building later on anyway,
> perhaps it can be avoided to byte-compile them at all?

byte-compiling at this time should be done for qa during package build
time. I'll skip this for the test directories in the next build.

	Matthias