policy: A single package for all versions

Hello

I was wondering why there is still no way to produce these single
packages for all versions (see policy 2.2.3 (2.)).  Is there anything
holding back the scripts in pythonX.Y to support this?

Currently all packages have to be reuploaded before a new pythonX.Y
package can progress.  This seems a bit a lot of needles time and
effort to me and I gather this could partially be solved by this
single package for all versions thing.

Any status on this?

Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The power of freedom